Search

April 20, 2012

Day 2

Good day readers,

So today is day number 2 following the Point Plus system and going very well. I've been eating very well have not been feeling like anything is missing. I'm drinking lots of water, and Lipton Green Tea (Purple Acai with Blueberry) to keep by taste buds busy between meals and snacks.

At first I was thinking "I've done Weight Watchers before" and successfully lost weight (and gained it back too!), but if feels different this time. That was close to 10 years ago and I think I was trying to lost the weight for the wrong reasons; I now feel mentally prepared to take this seriously enough to put all the work in. I've learned over the years that if a goal is not hard to attain, than you need to set better goals- and this time, it's for life rather than just thinking about how I'll look in my swimsuit :) I'm not looking to lose a crazy amount of weight (30ish pounds total)- I would simply like to get back to a comfortable size for my height and to feel better (I also have high blood pressure, so I'm trying my best to lower it without going on meds). Weight Watchers always suggests that you start with a goal of 10%- so 19 lbs is the first weight loss goal I have, which if I follow the plan should be attainable in 8-12 weeks, which I am content with as I am impatient, but it's also a slow enough rate that it's healthy. When weight is dropped too quickly, you're way more likely to gain it back quickly and then some- extra roll, or man-boob anyone?

This time, it's all about planning ahead to make sure I don't sabotage myself. Let me tell you, I love me some food and I don't plan on going without! I love cooking as well, so as I find recipes that I like/ have concocted, I'll be sure to post them on here with all the details you need including serving size and Points+ value.

This weekend, I'm taking one of my best friends away for the weekend to celebrate her 35th Birthday. This likely means lots of restaurants, snack food and most definitely some boozin'! I however, am prepared :) I also love to have a plan, so the whole weekend is planned out food wise (at least for me, she may certainly have what she likes). This does not mean I'll be eating 'Diet Food' either- we're planning on stopping at a small diner that has the most delicious seafood chowder for lunch tomorrow, so I've called ahead to get the nutritional details so I know what to expect. Even though it's more than I'd like to put into one meal, it's totally worth it because it's pure bliss (and cream!) What's great about the Points Plus plan is that on top of your daily allowance of points, you also get 35 bonus points that you can use anywhere in your week. Since I'll be eating in restaurants the next 2 days, I'll likely use mine up, but since it's planned out it works well. I can still enjoy my decadent chowder, have some drinks and not worry about it hindering my weight loss for the week. Now that's awesome :) Makes it super easy to stick with this new lifestyle when I'm not forced to eat like a bunny rabbit. Also this weekend, when we return to the city, we're going to Baton Rouge restaurant for dinner. What's great about chain restaurants is that 90%+ have their nutritional info online so you can make an informed decision about your choice before you get there- this take out all of the guess work and you'll be confident that you're making the best choice, rather than deciding on the spot what appears to be the healthiest option. Often what 'looks healthy' is sometimes the absolute worst thing on the menu!

With the above being said, don't be afraid to get picky in restaurants- especially when nutritional info is not readily available. You can request that things be grilled/ baked with no oil/sauce, or ask for any sauce on the side so you control the portion. You are still free to enjoy all the things you like, it's just really important that you are in control of how much you shove in your face :)

It's a glorious Friday and I'm happy the weekend is here. I hope you have a fabulous weekend. Think about what I've said and make sure you try to get some activity in even if it's just a leisurely walk. With the weather getting nicer there's no excuse to be stuck inside on your behind!

Much love <3

Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment